Saturday, June 23, 2012

TRYING TO MASTER THE FRESHLY MADE SKETCH

I have been playing along with the Freshly Made Sketch crowd for a couple of weeks now. I’m trying to learn more about their card making style because I like the clean lines. Of course, what type of card I make on any given day depends on my mood so you just never know what you will get here in my world of craft.
Anyway, here is my card for Sketch #40:

I used my new Spellbinders Cut Fold Tuck to make the medallion behind the little flowers. A Recollections flourish is tucked behind the focal panel which is made up of two Classic Ovals (Spellbinders) and stamped with Stamper’s Best  Dress Form Floral Corsage Rubber Stamp.

Papers are Lost and Found – Sunshine and the ribbon and lace are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I chose to leave off the sentiment since this is going in my box of OWH cards. That way it can be used by one of our heroes for any occasion. 
THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGE:
FMS Sketch #40

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb

11 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I wish we were neighbors sometimes, Ellen! Then I could see all your amazing creations in person! This is absolutely AMAZING!!! LOVE it--fabulous vintage style! :)

Linda Callahan said...

So pretty! Great colors and I love the added lace and flourish!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a pretty vintage card. I love all the elements that you've combined. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

What a lovely card! I love the pretty details here! Thanks for making cards for heroes and for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

I love those gorgeous flowers and lace. Just lovely!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This card has everything I love...flowers, lace, flourishes and bling! Fabulous! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

I love that your card is vintage but clean! This is really beautiful work, thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

LeAnne said...

Very pretty card..congrats on the FMS win! I'll be peeking at your blog from now on!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Ellen, your card is just beautiful! Love the colors and papers you chose. Congrats on being queen of clean!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Ellen, your card is just beautiful! Love the colors and papers you chose. Congrats on being queen of clean!

Bernadette Bliss said...

Ellen, CONGRATULATIONS on being the Queen of Clean! This is a beautiful card and I'm also testing my skills at making "clean" cards. Have a wonderfull day and I'm joining your site to continue to see your lovely creations. B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...